Wednesday 18 January 2017

Silly things.

Well, I knew it would happen eventually. The closer the deadline creeps, the more self doubt kicks in. I was so happy with this and now I keep seeing people talking about/sharing glimpses of amazing projects I am less and less happy with my own.
It's a silly thing, but it's something I wanted to document in my dress diary because I intend to keep this for next years competition, and would like to be able to look back on this years entry to see how things have evolved.
I'm getting really worked up over the fact I didn't get to do a skirt now, I feel like people are going to look at my work and think I was lazy, or that it's not at all relevant for the theme.
I guess this isn't documenting the construction, but maybe other people feel like this about their own entries, and will be happy realizing other people end up feeling like this too.

Beautiful work is something everyone should be proud of - and I have no doubt everyone will have created something beautiful. It's important to keep that in your mind when you first see all the entries every year - they are all beautiful, and each and every one of them has their own merits. The winners always deserve to win, and some people are lucky in that they are incredibly inspired by the theme. I know in the past certain themes haven't really appealed to me (I remember the Titanic theme was one of them) but I always try to enter to give myself a specific project to try and improve my skills with.

I really hope my entry hasn't strayed far enough from the theme that people completely overlook it - I tried to keep in touch with the theme without having a model to fit in person, or the materials I needed for aspects I had planned on.

I am definitely still in love with the corset though, and I need to keep that in mind rather than worrying about comparing my work to that of other people.






No comments:

Post a Comment